At ALL4 we pride ourselves on applying long-term and strategic thinking to our clients’ environmental permitting and compliance challenges. We bring the same type of thinking to overall environmental regulatory and policy advocacy work on behalf of both stakeholder groups and industrial facilities. We strive to stay on top of emerging environmental regulations and policies and track developments at both the state and federal level, especially when administrations change, so we can advise our clients appropriately. The depth of our environmental expertise means that our clients trust us to understand and also help shape the regulations, permits, and policies that have long term implications on their operations.
Strategy and Advocacy Expertise
- Preparing technical comments on proposed environmental regulations, policies, and permits on behalf of stakeholder groups and facilities.
ALL4 assesses the proposed regulation or draft permit and provides comments that balance the practical aspects of demonstrating compliance with the environmental benefits that the regulation or permit is designed to achieve. The goal is a final product that is clear, concise, and accounts for the realities of operating complex processes and emissions controls.
- Preparing cost estimates associated with proposed regulations and policies.
ALL4 prepares defensible cost estimates for proposed rules that can be used to evaluate impacts of those proposals and focus effort on reducing economic burden while maintaining environmental protection.
- Preparing white papers and technical information to provide insights to regulatory agencies that help them to improve models and other tools used to assess environmental impacts
(e.g., air quality modeling and the layers of conservatism that can be associated with it).
- Industry wide benchmarking for stakeholder groups related to environmental data that can be used in interactions with regulatory agencies and with public stakeholders.
One such example is assessing sustainability considerations across an industry with respect to greenhouse gas emissions.
- Preparing maps and other supporting documentation that corresponds with the preparation of regulatory comments and technical white papers.
- Participating in public meetings and meetings with regulatory agency leadership to provide insights relative to the impacts of regulations, policy, and guidance that are being contemplated.
- Providing technical support to facilities and stakeholder groups as part of litigation or consent orders.
- Tracking environmental justice policy and regulatory activities on a state and federal level, evaluating whether facilities are located near overburdened communities, determining project and outreach strategies, and assisting facilities with responding to community or regulatory agency questions and concerns.
- Develop strategies and conduct advocacy around climate, sustainability, environmental justice and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues.
Because we participate in industry associations and are continuously tracking policy and regulatory developments, we can help you keep your programs up to date with current stakeholder interests and anticipate trends.
While this list provides general categories of services there is a wider variety of specific situations that ALL4 can address in partnership with our clients. ALL4 provides similar services to clients that require a focus on compliance-related issues including work with internal and external legal counsel. All of these efforts align with ALL4’s mission of contributing to positive environmental outcomes on behalf of employees, clients, and partners.