Our interview process is comprehensive. Why? Because we really want to get to know you and for you to know us. Each step of the interview process is intentional and continues to help us, and you, determine whether there’s a successful “fit.” ALL4 is not a place for everyone; so whether we’re a match or not, we appreciate and value our mutual investment in this process.
This is a general overview; in some cases, the steps may vary.
- Submit Resume Online.
- Screening Interview: This conversation may be conducted on the phone or via video call. Typically, the screening interview will last from 30 minutes to 60 minutes. Topics for this discussion range from learning about a candidate’s career goals and technical interests/expertise to gaining an understanding of their communication preferences and relationship-building skills. Just so we’re aligned, we’ll also inquire about salary expectations. For entry-level positions, the screening interview occurs after we review the pre-screening exercise and Situational Expressions.
- Pre-Screening Exercise: Applies to entry-level technical positions only. This exercise is for the benefit of recent college graduates who may not have any previous environmental consulting experience. This exercise requires candidates to solve basic technical and mathematical questions that are typical for a Staff and Project Engineer/Scientist.
- Situational Expressions Exercise: How would a candidate handle specific situations that will likely be encountered in our business? That’s what we want to know! We consider this a candidate’s first work product for ALL4. Expect some of these situations to be “gray areas” where there’s not a right or wrong answer; the intent is to understand the candidate’s thought process.
- Sample Project: Applies to all technical and other select positions… This exercise represents a technical scenario that ALL4 might be asked to address by one of our clients. We allow you a few hours to complete the project remotely, with ALL4 staff a phone call away if you have questions. There’s nothing you need to do to prepare!
- Site Interview: The site interview takes place in one of our office locations and most likely will last a half-day. The candidate will have a unique opportunity to experience and interact with ALL4 staff.
- We send the candidate a formal offer letter. Sometimes, we have a call with a candidate to discuss the offer, explain terms, salary, expectations, etc., and address any questions.
- Acceptance of Offer.Congratulations! Once the candidate has executed and submitted their acceptance letter, the HR team will coordinate the next steps with you. Welcome to ALL4!