Climate, Sustainability and ESG Services
Climate change adaptation, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions tracking towards the goal of reaching carbon neutrality, sustainability reporting, and Environmental, Social, and Governance factors have become central to the administration’s environmental agenda. Companies are increasingly feeling pressure from investors and end-users of their products to publish their sustainability goals and demonstrate progress towards those goals. Planning around their energy and fuel use will become more important as projects are designed with anticipated future GHG regulatory requirements in mind, the possibility of a carbon tax, and stakeholder/investor interests. Companies will need to plan carefully when adding or replacing generation capacity by considering impacts on their energy portfolio and whether or not the fuel burned to generate heat or power or to replace a previous fuel helps reduce carbon footprint and assist with the journey to net-zero carbon. Manufacturers will also have to take supply chain considerations into account when determining how to reduce impacts while maintaining production levels.
What is an Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Program?
An organization’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) program considers their impact and approach to the environment, their community, and the processes that address their influence. Transparency of ESG metrics is an important consideration for investors, stakeholders, employees, and community members. Companies engaging in ESG reporting need robust and defensible methodologies for collecting and reporting on their key performance indicators (KPI) related to the various aspects of their ESG program goals.
ALL4 can assist with the following types of services related to climate, sustainability, and ESG programs:
GHG Reporting and Mitigation
- Developing strategies to reduce Scope 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions and carbon footprint
- Developing a digital solution for ongoing monitoring, reporting, and tracking towards goals
- Benchmarking GHG emissions with peer organizations, other industries or comparing similar facilities to ID optimization opportunities
- Developing or updating reporting methodologies
- Reviewing current reporting mechanism for gaps with established protocols
- Setting boundaries for reporting
- Developing a GHG monitoring plan
- Developing a GHG emissions inventory, including Scopes 1, 2, and 3
- Developing GHG emissions factors for products
Sustainability and ESG Strategy and Reporting
- Developing a digital solution for evaluating, tracking, and documenting sustainability and ESG projects and
progress toward goals
- Researching issues of interest to internal and external stakeholders and developing goals
- Benchmarking across facilities, companies, geographies, or industries to understand KPIs of interest or performance
- Reviewing current environmental footprint and resource use and developing strategies for reductions
- Reviewing current ESG programs for gaps
- Preparing inputs to corporate sustainability reports
- Quantifying avoided emissions
- Reviewing a facility’s history of disruptions to operations or supply chain
- Review models to forecast potential increases in certain types of events
- Developing plans to harden the facility against disruptive events
- Characterization of a facility’s EJ footprint, benchmarking against similar facilities or industries
- Project planning and strategy to anticipate and address EJ concerns
- Refinement of emissions and air dispersion modeling approaches, including risk analyses
- Deployment of ambient monitors
- Preparation of materials for community outreach activities and responses to comments/concerns
ALL4’s experience across a variety of industries and geographies can assist with developing strategies and conducting advocacy around climate, sustainability, environmental justice and ESG issues. Because we participate in industry associations and are continuously tracking policy and regulatory developments, we can help you keep your programs up to date with current stakeholder interests and anticipate trends.
For organizations that want to implement more robust data tracking, ALL4’s Digital Solutions Practice can bring different data streams together to support KPI tracking, including business, EHS, and quality (EHSQ), sustainability, or other ESG-related metrics.