Pennsylvania RACT 2 – We Are Not There Yet…
Posted: June 8th, 2015Authors: Ron H.
ALL4 attended the Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry (PA Chamber) Quarterly Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PADEP) Regulatory Update at the Harrisburg University of Science and Technology on May 27, 2015. During the regulatory update Krishnan Ramamurthy of PADEP gave a brief presentation concerning the status of the (still pending) RACT 2 rule. The presentation consisted primarily of information that had been previously communicated pertaining to the status of the RACT 2 rule on its path toward final promulgation. The highlights of this discussion have been represented briefly below:
- Final DRAFT form of RACT 2 was presented to the Air Quality Technical Advisory Committee (AQTAC) on November 7, 2014.
- Final DRAFT form of RACT 2 was presented to the Small Business Compliance Advisory Committee (SBCAC) on January 28, 2015.
- Both AQTAC and SBCAC approved moving the regulation forward for consideration by the Environmental Quality Board (EQB).
- Both AQTAC and SBCAC also noted amendments and/or remaining concerns with the RACT 2 rule as written.
- Sierra Club and certain adjacent States still have concerns with the RACT 2 rule as written.
- Final DRAFT form of the RACT 2 rule is on the docket for EQB consideration in August 2015.
- PADEP is projecting final promulgation of the RACT 2 rule by the end of 2015 or early 2016.
That is to say that not much has changed since April. If you have any questions, you can contact me at (610) 933-5246 ext. 119 or email@example.com or John Slade at (717) 822-0009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.