ALL4 is seeking a Consulting Engineer/Scientist for our Raleigh Office located in Durham, NC. An ALL4 Consulting Engineer/Scientist is responsible for working internally with Project Managers to build teams and own the technical aspects of a project to ensure technical accuracy and overall technical quality of project deliverables. They are self-motivated, coachable, growth-oriented individuals who are interested in developing their technical and regulatory knowledge base to enable the efficient completion of air quality and multimedia projects. This individual will have the opportunity to help manage challenging environmental work, create their own professional path, and make a tangible contribution to a growing, employee-centric, forward facing company. Our teams work closely with clients in a strategic partnership supported by a foundation of authentic communication, personal ownership, and accountability. He or she will join a team of air quality professionals that are well-versed in complex air quality permitting and compliance, water, waste, geosciences, health and safety, and chemical reporting and management services and who are committed to furthering our mission of being a nationally recognized consulting company shaping environmental responsibility and creating distinction for clients, employees, and partners.
- Plans, manages, and executes the technical aspects of projects to produce client-ready deliverables for Project Manager review.
- Enrolls multiple members of the technical staff and coordinates the completion of individual project tasks that ensures regulatory and technical correctness.
- Acts as the primary technical lead resource to project management and as the technical liaison between junior technical staff and project management staff.
- Monitors and controls technical project aspects to achieve project milestones.
- Effectively and proactively communicates technical information and timelines to the team.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and technical skills, combined with the ability to delegate effectively.
- Mentors junior technical staff and exhibits ALL4’s core values in all transactions both internally and externally.
- Responsible for routinely delegating technical tasks to junior staff and building cohesive project teams.
- Coordinates with Project Manager the review of project deliverables and ensures project compliance with ALL4’s Quality Assurance procedures.
- Actively cultivates project management skills including the ability to effectively plan, manage, and execute projects, while at times serving as clients’ primary point of contact.
- Engages in experiential learning to enhance technical expertise around subjects impacting clients as well as developing project management skills (e.g., developing proposals, technical and regulatory knowledge, team building, client relationships, and revenue generation/management).
- Interacts and establishes relationships with regulatory organizations and provides interpretation, review, and strategic analysis of federal, state, and local air regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management, including contributing to the success of the Raleigh office through non-technical support roles (e.g., recruitment, mentorship, IT, etc.).
- Engineering or applicable science degree and collective experiences equivalent to a minimum of 4 years of Environmental Regulatory, Compliance, or other Environmental consulting or industry experience.
- Technical or consulting experience with Air Permitting and Compliance, Air Emissions Inventories, familiarity with Air Quality Modeling, and an understanding of industrial manufacturing is preferred.
- Familiarity with technical subjects impacting clients; knowledgeable in environmental regulatory and/or technical disciplines.
- Commitment to excellence and ALL4’s core values. Openness to change, personal growth, and coaching.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow proactively.
- Ability to develop, lead, and enroll strong teams with a wide range of personality types and technical abilities.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to manage constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong document production skills (proficiency in Word and Excel) and technical writing ability.
- Acute attention to detail.
ALL4 is an environmental consulting company, primarily assisting clients with complex air permitting, air dispersion modeling, continuous emissions monitoring, ambient pollutant and meteorological monitoring, and multimedia EHS compliance. Established in 2002, ALL4 has offices in Philadelphia, Atlanta, Houston, Lexington, Louisville, Raleigh, and Washington, DC, in addition to regional support staff members in several states. Our practice is built with a passionate team of engineers, scientists, and meteorologists from the consulting, industry, and regulatory fields. We are committed to understanding and shaping the environmental regulatory landscape with active participation in regulatory and policy decision-making groups. Our clients are our priority. We pride ourselves on fully understanding our clients’ operations, culture, and business goals to the extent that we can tailor our consulting services to help turn environmental management into a company asset.
ALL4 is honored to be the recipient of many “Best Places to Work” awards and offers a best in class, flexible, work environment, including a highly desirable Total Compensation package. Benefits include competitive salary, comprehensive medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability insurance coverage, generous PTO, paid holidays, 401K benefits, and a compelling company culture.
ALL4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Submit your resume for the Raleigh Office Consulting Engineer/Scientist role today!