A Staff Engineer/Scientist plays an integral role at ALL4. The Staff Engineer/Scientist acts as the primary technical resource interfacing with Project Managers, Technical Managers, and Project Engineer(s)/Scientist(s). The Staff Engineer/Scientist must possess technical and regulatory knowledge that enable the efficient completion of air quality projects. The ability to provide effective written communication, technical calculations, and utilization of spreadsheets and databases is critical in the Staff Engineer/Scientist role to complete project deliverables. The Staff Engineer/Scientist is also expected to develop a technical knowledge base that will support one or more of ALL4’s primary service areas. The Staff Engineer/Scientist will periodically interact with clients on a one-to-one basis and must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
The consulting business is an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment that requires engineers/scientists to be self-motivated, hard-working, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. The typical work week extends beyond 40 hours and Staff Engineers/Scientists will be challenged to understand complex regulations and intricate manufacturing processes and required to effectively communicate with clients, regulators, vendors, and project team members both orally and via technical writing. The technical skills necessary to be a successful air quality consultant and produce work products consistent with the level of quality expected by our clients are not typically taught in a college course or even learned from non-consulting positions within the environmental field. It is expected that the Staff Engineer/Scientist will be able to quickly learn the ALL4 approach to servicing clients both on the job and outside of regular working hours. To facilitate this process, ALL4 has developed an internal, self-paced training program that must be satisfactorily completed by all new employees within the first two years.
Duties associated with the Staff Engineer/Scientist position include:
- Development of facility air emission inventories.
- Interaction with client and regulatory contacts.
- Review of state and federal air and environmental regulations.
- Preparation of technical reports in support of environmental permits.
- Development of Word and Excel documents.
- Analysis of data for air quality modeling support.
- Preparation of client deliverables.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor of Science degree (or higher) from an accredited university and express an interest in working in the air quality field. Fundamental competencies that are required for ALL4 Staff Engineers/Scientists include:
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of motivation for personal growth and goal achievement
- Creative thinking with sound complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Technical calculation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines by independently managing time and responsibilities.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Basic chemistry knowledge.
Other Desired or Beneficial Skills:
- Experience in the air quality field (such as, but not limited to: air quality regulatory and compliance issues; Federal air quality regulations; air quality modeling knowledge; air pollution control equipment; air emissions sampling knowledge (i.e., stack testing/CEMs)).
- Experience in the environmental field (such as, but not limited to: monitoring & field sampling; environmental regulations).
- Professional Certifications (such as, but not limited to: EPA Method 9 Certification; Fundamentals in Engineering (FE) Certification).
- General understanding of specific industry manufacturing processes (e.g., pulp and paper, cement manufacturing, incineration, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Access databases or other related data analysis skills.
As a growth organization, it is important that employees are willing to take themselves on as well as invest in others. To be successful at ALL4, we expect that you will consistently deliver quality and timely work products, own the ALL4 QA process, continually seek & provide feedback, own your billable hours target, participate in the coaching program, and learn from failures.
As evidenced by the job description, our expectations for employees are high. In return, we invest a tremendous amount in our employees. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including:
- Highly competitive salaries and generous paid time off.
- Robust medical, prescription, vision, and dental insurance for you and your dependents.
- Short/Long-term disability insurance and Group Life insurance.
- Bonus program based on attainment of company and personal performance objectives.
- Company sponsored retirement plan with matching contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Professional development including formal Onboarding, Technical Training, Coaching, and Knowledge Transfer programs.
- A flexible work environment and casual dress code.
- Fun perks such as ALL4 gear, fitness fund, complimentary snacks, service opportunities, and recess activities.
ALL4 is an environmental consulting company that specializes in air quality consulting services – primarily assisting our clients with complex air permitting, air quality modeling, continuous monitoring, and regulatory compliance issues. ALL4 opened for business in 2002 and currently operates in the following locations: Philadelphia (Kimberton, PA), Atlanta (Kennesaw, GA), Houston (Sugar Land, TX), Raleigh (Durham, NC) and Washington DC (Herndon, VA). ALL4 employs a mix of professionals with diverse educational backgrounds ranging from meteorology, environmental science, and mechanical, civil and chemical engineering. Our client base is comprised of multiple Fortune 500 companies.
ALL4 is a growth-oriented, successful, empowered organization who believes in growing sustainable community both internally and externally. ALL4 operates under the premise that the success of our company is directly tied to the success of our clients. We pride ourselves on fully understanding our clients’ operations, culture and business goals to the extent that we can tailor our consulting services to help turn environmental management into a company asset. ALL4 also understands that we are in the business of “selling” our skills and that our organization is only as good as the talents of our people. Therefore, we have created a company that is centered on the personal and professional growth of each person in the organization while concurrently growing the ALL4 business. We are an organization built on our four foundational values of accountability ownership, authenticity and, culture – and we challenge each person to make a substantial contribution to the overall success of the organization by clearly defining and measuring specific personal and team goals.
ALL4 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Submit your resume on the Careers Pages of our website for the Staff Engineer/Scientist role today!