Location: Lexington, KY Office
University of Cincinnati, MS Environmental Engineering University of Kentucky, BS Civil Engineering
William worked 7.5 years at Smith Management Group (SMG), an environmental consulting company in Lexington, KY in the areas of air, water, and waste.
William spent 5 years at the Kentucky Division of Water in NPDES permitting.
Connect With William:
An Evening With William
1. Have you ever had a nickname (or two)? If so, what are/were they?
In high school, the guys on the basketball team called me Will the Thrill. When I was younger, people regularly called me Bill, although I have never thought of myself as Bill (I prefer William or Will).
2. When you were 8 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I didn’t put words to it, but I think I was always destined to be an engineer. My wife recently gave me a t-shirt that says “Engineering: solving problems you didn’t know you had in ways you can’t understand”. I think that described me even at 8 years old.
3. What about ALL4 has surprised you the most?
It’s been refreshing to find out how welcoming and open to sharing knowledge everyone has been.
4. What was the most memorable Halloween costume you ever wore?
A few years ago, I dressed as Mayhem from the car insurance commercial (specifically the pink SUV teenage mall driver).
5. Stick shift or automatic?
I drove stick for 10 years, but now I’m now happy with the ease of driving an automatic. My wife’s car is manual so I can keep my skills fresh when I want.
6. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
I ran into John Calipari at a coffee shop in Frankfort, KY. I figured he wanted to drink his coffee in peace, so I left him alone.
7. Do you have any hidden talents that people you meet would not expect?
I’m handy around the house. I like fixing things and have now purchased enough tools that I can’t really say no to any project my wife asks me to do.
8. What would you like to become known for at ALL4?
Producing high quality, technically sound work that meets my clients’ needs.
9. If you were stranded on an island, what are three things you couldn’t live without?
1. Coffee (with half & half and sugar)
2. A hat to block the sun.
3. Tools so I could build a shelter.
10. What is the one thing that most attracted you to ALL4?
I came to ALL4 by way of a company acquisition. I had not heard of ALL4 previously, but I’ve enjoyed getting to know and work with my new colleagues in our regional offices. I appreciate how welcoming and friendly everyone has been.