M.S., Physics and Atmospheric Sciences, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA M.S., Meteorology, Penn State University, State College, PA
Milena is a senior scientist/consultant who has extensive experience with air quality modeling and meteorological data analysis to support permitting and scientific evaluation studies. She has worked on numerous studies involving nearfield air quality assessment and long-range transportation. She is proficient with contemporary and historical air dispersion models distributed by US EPA. Milena has over 20 years of experience in providing air quality modeling services to support all major industrial branches for US and International clients.
Get to know Milena
1. Have you ever had a nickname (or two)? If so, what are/were they?
Dragonling – my family name before I married was Draganova (means “of Dragan”, “belongs to Dragan”). All good intentions of the mothers down my family line to give their sons endearing names like Dragan – derived from the Bulgarian word “drag” meaning “nice”, “dear” – went down the drain and the name took on some “Dragon” aspects.
2. When you were 8 years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An architect – I was very displeased with the layout of the playground in the neighborhood and some clever adult told me the town’s architect can change the outlook of the town, so I decided I should become the town’s architect.
3. What about ALL4 has surprised you the most?
I am impressed by how thorough and forthright the ALL4 staff is while dealing with all aspects of the business.
4. What was the most memorable Halloween costume you ever wore?
Nothing grand, the local witch just takes her cover for a day each year.
5. Stick shift or automatic?
Stick – Toyota Corolla CE 2008.
6. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
Probably Elon Musk, while visiting the SpaceX office in 2011, during my son’s internship days in LA.
7. Do you have any hidden talents that people you meet would not expect?
Nothing hidden here, people can easily read that nerd.
8. What would you like to become known for at ALL4?
The modeling nerd.
9. If you were stranded on an island, what are three things you couldn’t live without?
My family, my espresso. Did my laptop survive? And the solar-powered generator?
10. What is the one thing that most attracted you to ALL4?
The opportunity to do what I like most – air quality modeling and research.